Monday, February 9, 2009

Inconsiderate people...are u one of them?

I still am enraged about an incident that happend to me this morn. Earlier this week, I was informed that we ( I and my Chinese colleagues) would be having a marketing / advertisement function today and that we should be in school at 8am on the dot! Since it's still the cold season, getting up early is really a discomfort..even then I dragged myself out of bed to take a shower and prepared for work.
As expected, the metal bars and the main doors of the school building were still locked when I arrived , having no key and having not found the old man who guards the building I got no choice but to wait. I was lucky that it only took me a couple of minutes before one of my co-teachers came, she then asked the old woman nearby to unlock the doors( I never had an idea that ,she's the old man's wife!)
Anyway, we stayed in the lobby and waited, wondering why the others were not yet there. After sometime, my co-worker decided to call the peson in charge and to our surprise, that person is not yet in the city due to some weather interference! WoW! It was almost 8:20 and yet she never thought of calling or texting any of us? to tell us that she'll be late or that we continue the activity without her? HOW INCONSIDERATE !!! So furious was I that I can't even react properly. I just looked at my other colleagues and said.."oh...so what are we going to do now?" One said we wait but we don't know when she'll be in school the other said we go home...With my baffled mind I thought and asked them..."OK, so where are the materials that we're going to use today anyway?" they both said that they don't know!!! and for some reasons we really can't find any flyers around.So at any rate there was no way we could have waited for her nor go to the schools and do the activity by ourselves.
I left the school and went back to the comfort of my apartment.I switched off my phones after I called in sick! I have had similar experiences like this while working in China, and most of the time I just tried to be as passive as I can be, but there are times when it really gets me! and this is one of them.Sometimes I wonder why some people wouldn't act and think like we do? Life could have been more easier but...then again it we wouldn't be called INDIviduals then.
Well,as I write this post I am actually contemplating on what would happen on the morrow. I'm a person who wouldn't want to carry emotional baggages so I need to have them disposed off! I was not even thinking of arguing , I just wanna air out my side! and hopefully, the person concerned would really listen and learn.

1 comment:

  1. hay mae, masanay ka na sa mga ganyan.... they're always like that... pero nakakainis nga lang. well, go go go bloggers!!!

    ReplyDelete